|Velammal Matriculation School was established in the year 1986. This school is governed by the Velammal educational Trust. It is the mother Institution of all the Velammal group of schools. The school is named after Smt.Velammal , a simple and noble woman, the revered mother of the Chairman Shri.M.V.Muthuramalingam. The school was started with a background of thatched roof with just 183 students and 13 teachers on roll. The school is not built with brick and mortar but it's rather an entity that empowers the student community to reach the larger world beyond.
At present, due to lack of space in our school we are sending Our IV std to V std in Velammal Main or West Velammal and they are considered as the old students. They will be admitted without any entrance test. Fees will be charged as the old students of West or Main Velammal. Our school being situated in the heart of Mogappair, the admissions are closed within a short period. Activities like curricular, co-curricular and cultural are conducted effectively till date. Every human being is endowed with some talent or the other. Many a time it is hidden and not apparent. It is the job of the teacher and parents to identify and nurture it.
|Our vision of Velammal:|
|To educate the students community both by theory and practice to fit in with the Society and to conquer the tomorrow's technology at global level with human values through our dedicated team.
|The motto of our school is Study, Serve, and Smile.|
|Mission of our School :|
|1. To develop 100% attendance among teachers and students.
2. To make 100% pass in all the classes.
3. To make the slow learners to improve in their studies.
4. To make all the students to read and write good language.
5. To develop spoken English.
6. To bring out the topper of all subjects.
7. To make the children feel free in thinking.
8. To make the children love their parents and respect all elders.
9. To make them 100% neat in their code of uniform and other regularities.
10. To make the children develop the habit of praying.
11. To realize the children the causes for their less mark achieved and make them how to get the same in the coming exam.
12. Free talk or counseling with children if necessary or with parents and find solution for the betterment of the children.
13. The children should feel pleasant to enter into the classroom.
14. Motivational reading and encouragement for children.
15. Use the moral science and check the changes in attitude.
16. Check individually the child's talent and give them as they like.
|The school has a strength of 543 students and 18 staff members at present.|
|FFully ventilated , with chart board, planel board , green board Chart hanging wires.|
|We have a small library having all varieties of books like G.K., Quiz, stories, rhymes, puzzles, drawings, moral stories, Crafts, essays, letters, Grammar, dictionaries folk tales, and Scientific fictions.
|We have four systems to enable the children to learn the basics.|
|The students studied in our school are coming out with flying Colours. They are mostly becoming Engineers and Doctors; One of our students is an architect for Velammal group of Institutions. Inter school Competitions , intra school competitions are held in all most all Spheres of scholastic and nonscholastic areas from LKG to IV std.|
|Wherever the students are participating in the competitions they are coming out with shields and medals. The school is mighty proud of the 6 clubs which were organized with the sole aim of developing the overall personality of every individual for a bright future.|
|The school wishes to place on record that it owes its growth to be concerned focus and team of teachers and the ever growing patronage of parents; some of the clubs are Quiz club, Drawing club, English literary club, Creative club, Tamil literary club, and G.K. development club.
|ECA & CCA:|
|Introduced classes to develop the child ren 's overall ability in physical and mental activities.|
5. Carnatic Music.
6. Classical Dance.
|Velammal Matriculation School
(An unit of Velammal MAT.HR.SEC.SCHOOL, CHENNAI - 37) 4/562, Valayapathy Salai,
Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
|Phone: + 91 - 44 - 26564778|